This question has been asked on forums like this, including this, and I want to put it out there. Javascript is bad alone. With html and css it gets a little better. But I mean sure, dart can do everything and more that javascript can do BUT javascript is good because of its libraries. Like Jquery (my personnel favorite) which can do animation and such with html, css, and javascript. But also for database, (because its not like php where using sql with it is easy for database implementation) you have Node.js for that and for APIs you have Backbone.js. Overall Dart alone is better then javascript alone, but javascripts libraries are hard to beat.

Its the new (and not so new) javascript libraries like jQuery and angular that are moving javascript forward. If you wanted to limit yourself to plain old, original javascript, dart probably would be better.
The only real answer someone can give is to analyse the project and pick the best tool to do the job.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.