$fa_out=$_POST['fa_out'];
  $fa_study=$_POST['fa_study'];
  $matric=$_POST['matric'];
  $matric_out=$_POST['matric_out'];
  $matric_study=$_POST['matric_study'];
  $exp=$_POST['exp'];
  $experience=$_POST['experience'];
mysqli_select_db("register", $con);
$sql="INSERT INTO cv (name, fname, dob, address, ph_no, email, zip, , phd_marks, ph_out, ph_study, ms_marks, ms_out, ms_study, ma_marks, ma_out, ma_study, ba_marks, ba_out, ba_study, fa_marks, fa_out, fa_study, matric, matric_out, matric_study,exp, experience)
VALUES
('$name','$fname','$dob','$address','$ph_no','$email','$zip','$phd_marks','$ph_out','$ph_study','$ms_marks','$ms_out','$ms_study','$ma_marks','$ma_out','$ma_study','$ba_marks','$ba_out','$ba_study','$fa_marks','$fa_out','$fa_study','$matric','$matric_out','$matric_study','$exp','$experience')";
if (!mysqli_query($sql,$con))
  {
  die('Error: ' . mysql_error());
  }
echo "data successfully added";
mysql_close($con);
?>
Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cereal
Featured Replies
    cereal 1,419   4 Months Ago

**@Luzinete** Hi, please, open a new thread with the error message and the code that generates that error. Read More

Warning: mysqli_select_db() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, string given in C:\wamp\www\new\cvinsert.php on line 34
Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, string given in C:\wamp\www\new\cvinsert.php on line 38
Error:

Here are your problems.

connection

$con = mysqli_connect("localhost","root","","register");

Second, the mysqli_select_db...

If you want to use the mysqli_select_db, then connection syntax should be like this.

$con = mysqli_connect("localhost","root","");

then we can use

In mysqli , the error reporting should be written like this. Waring! this is for the development environment only..

$con = mysqli_connect("localhost","root","");

if (mysqli_connect_errno()){

echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error();

}

## add the rest below

you need to use prepared statements and bind parameters.

<?php 
     if(isset($_POST['submit']))
     {
     $val="INSERT INTO business(company_name,email,website,phone,line_of_business,key_customers,job_title,com_purchase,buying_decision,where_looking_for,often_purchase,how_long_buying_decision,typical_budget,features_while_purchasing,benefits_while_purchase,problems_motivates_purchase,neads_while_purchasing,fildate,filtime)
VALUES
('".addslashes($_POST['company_name'])."','".addslashes($_POST['email'])."','".addslashes($_POST['website'])."','".addslashes($_POST['phone'])."','".addslashes($_POST['line_of_business'])."','".addslashes($_POST['key_customers'])."','".addslashes($_POST['job_title'])."','".addslashes($_POST['com_purchase'])."','".addslashes($_POST['buying_decision'])."','".addslashes($_POST['where_looking_for'])."','".addslashes($_POST['often_purchase'])."','".addslashes($_POST['how_long_buying_decision'])."','".addslashes($_POST['typical_budget'])."','".addslashes($_POST['features_while_purchasing'])."','".addslashes($_POST['benefits_while_purchase'])."','".addslashes($_POST['problems_motivates_purchase'])."','".addslashes($_POST['neads_while_purchasing'])."',now(),now())"; 

if (!mysqli_query($db,$val))
  {
  die('Error: ' . mysqli_error($db,$val));
  }
echo "<blink style='font-size:18px; color:#00aeef; text-decoration:blink;'> Thank you for filling the form. Our team will contact you within 24 hours of time<br><br></blink>";
    exit(); 
    } 
     ?>

Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/benefits/public_html/business.php on line 135

Warning: mysqli_error() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given in /home/benefits/public_html/business.php on line 137
Error:

Good Morning,

I've wasted a lot of time on the subject, but the time is short for delivery of a college job.
It may be that I do not know how to use the correct terms to get help.
I need this urgent help. Help me please.

I have the client registry, with some fields, but I need to get information from the profession table and save in the clients table. Making a select in the combobox where it is showing the professions.

I have the connection file.php working perfectly. And also the file form-client.php and form-process.php
If you need, I can send to identify the error.
Because I can not make the select of the field proffession (tb_profession) inside the form-client.

Tb_client (cli_id, cli_name, cli_phone, pro.session_id)

Tb_profession (pro_profession, pro_profession)

Mysql database

Att,

I will be very grateful.

Luzinete

@Luzinete

Hi,

please, open a new thread with the error message and the code that generates that error.

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.