Hi...
I just want to ask What are requirments to make a portal system?

Like student-portal system of a University?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Well you need an idea of exactly what you're going to create. Then you need someone to write it for you in or PHP (although there are more, i.e. ASP.NET etc.). You need to create some databases and get to work programming aha, start with some really simple tutorials.

I am suggesting a beginners tutorial, because I assume you know very little or nothing about PHP development. I assume that because any other semi-intelligent life form would have seen a white box at the top of this page, and guess what? You can type something in it and it shows you stuff related what you typed! Amazing! And if that doesn't work, theres this cool thing, it's called a search engine, and it's got even more stuff for you!

Ok I'm board of being sarcastic, show us you've made an effort or you won't get us wasting our time on someone who could've tried themselves.

want to ask What are requirments to make a portal system?

impossible to say based on your question. What are your customer's requirements? You cant expect to slap together a portal system based on someone else's implementation. If you are building something from scratch for a customer, then you have to gather your customer's requiremnets. If you are building a generic portal system for a university, then you need to do some research and take a sample of the education sector and find out what are the things that are usually included in an educational type portal for students..

What comes to mind for me is that you need to authenticate your users for one. They will probably want to interact with each other so you need some type of messaging/communication component. They will interact with teachers, there will be class information, schedules, coursework, profile information to includes classes taken, finicials, etc, etc, etc....

you need to do some additional research.

It seems people forgot to mention that you need to make it secure — this is my #1 point for everything!

It seems people forgot to mention that you need to make it secure — this is my #1 point for everything!

You need something to make before you can make it secure

@mattster — You need to secure something AS you make it.

But my point remains, you need to actually know exactly what you're going to make first before you worry about HOW you're going to make it.

when designing any system, the level of security is driven by the requirements and typically a cost/benefit analysis.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.