After publishing my project on local IIS it worked fine but on the web its keep poping the error [ArgumentException: Invalid value for key 'attachdbfilename'.]
many forum i search said its connection string from my webconfig file but i went the extra mile by removing the whole connection string and i still have these error Under here is how my connection strings tags were after i removed them completely.
<connectionStrings>

</connectionStrings>
My Question is am i suppose to still get this error any one with explanantion?

Here is the stack trace error

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Invalid value for key 'attachdbfilename'.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString.VerifyLocalHostAndFixup(String& host, Boolean enforceLocalHost, Boolean fixup) +893562
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString) +5387365
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous) +24
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(DbConnectionPoolKey key, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions) +167
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ConnectionString_Set(DbConnectionPoolKey key) +61
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +66
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor(String connectionString, SqlCredential credential) +26
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor(String connectionString) +6
Eportal.MainSite.Login1_Authenticate(Object sender, AuthenticateEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Galaxytech\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Eportal\Eportal\MainSite.Master.vb:12
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnAuthenticate(AuthenticateEventArgs e) +9855114
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +119
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +75
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +114
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +252
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724

Where does attachdbfilename occur in your code? Is it the name of a key that used to appear in your config?
If you have just removed it I qould expect there to be an error when your code tries to access the connection string.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.