I have a curious issue with Twitter bootstrap, I include the bootstrap.js , but my popovers and tooltops dont work?

<button type="button" class="btn btn-lg btn-danger" data-toggle="popover" title="Popover title" data-content="And here's some amazing content. It's very engaging. Right?">Click to toggle popover</button>

All my other js stuff works fine, I have a slider thats fine. nothing shows up when you click this at all.
a few websites suggest including tooltop.js, but this is allready included in the compiled bootstrap.js.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You need to call the methods in javascript.
Use: $('#your_id').popover() or $('.popover').popover() and apply the .popover class to all of your popovers.

Here's a jsFiddle to demonstrate. Just change the MyPopover and MyTooltop to whatever you want.

The thing is, is that they don't actually make it real clear you need to do this, so I blame Bootsrap docs aha.

Followed your code exactly, changing the names correctly, still nothing...

Scrap that! added the JS after bootstrap statement! thank you very much.
Bootstrap website says you done need to do this!! you are correct.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.