Hi Guys i am currently building an app and using codeigniter as my framework and bootstrap to handle the Site so my question will be prashed in two parts. Im new to Codeigniter so please bear with me.

Part One: Codeigniter
Here is my current website header and i would like know how to make my links to my other pages listed in the /views/pages/ directory work the correct way? Then how would i go about setting the active class to the specified <li> when the page changes?

<nav class="navbar navbar-inverse navbar-static-top" role="navigation">
        <div class="container">
            <a class="navbar-brand" href="#">Sample Site</a>
            <button class="navbar-toggle" data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".navHeaderCollapse">
                <span class= "icon-bar"></span>
            </button>
            <div class="collapse navbar-collapse navHeaderCollapse">
                <ul class="nav navbar-nav navbar-right">
                    <li class="active"><a href="#">Home</a></li>
                    <li><a href="#">About Us</a></li>
                    <li><a href="#">Services</a></li>
                    <li><a href="#">Online Shop</a></li>
                    <li><a href="#">Contact Us</a></li>
                </ul>
        </div>
    </nav>

Part two: Bootstrap

How do i apply the custom stlyes my stylesheet is linked and works but when i add a class of say .jumbotron and i modify say the background color it has no effect on the site? Should i comment out the original in the bootstrap.css file and then paste that code block to my styles.css page?

Your help in the regard would be grately appreciated

I fixed the nav link in codeigniter by using

<?php echo site_url('home'); ?>

now all i need is an answer on how to use the bootstrap active class with codeigniter to display what link is active?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.