I am new here to get answers for my issues, hoping for your kind advice. Thanks in advance.

I have written a HTTP API to send SMS using curl. Everything is working fine, except I am failing to loop and post curl for certain phone numbers. For example: User uploads 50000 phone numbers using excel sheet on my site, I fetch all the mobile numbers from the database, and then post it through CURL.

Now the sms gateway which I send the request accepts only maximum 10000 numbers at once via http api.

So from the 50000 fetched numbers I want to split the numbers to 10000 each and loop that and send curl post.

Here is my code

//have taken care of sql injection on live site
    $resultRestore = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM temptable WHERE userid = '".$this->user_id."' AND  uploadid='".$uploadid."' ");
    $rowRestoreCount = mysql_num_rows($resultRestore);
    @mysql_data_seek($resultRestore, 0); 
    $phone_list = "";
    while($rowRestore = mysql_fetch_array($resultRestore))
    {
        $phone_list .= $rowRestore['recphone'].","; 
    }

$url = "http://www.smsgatewaycenter.com/library/send_sms_2.php?UserName=".urlencode($this->param[userid])."&Password=".urlencode($this->param[password])."&Type=Bulk&To=".urlencode(substr($phone_list, 0, -1))."&Mask=".urlencode($this->sendname)."&Message=Hello%20World";
    //echo $url;
    $ch = curl_init($url);  
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
    $curl_scraped_page = curl_exec($ch);
    curl_close($ch); 

Now, from the $phone_list, I need to loop for every 10000 numbers, How can I achieve this?

Its been 2 days, I have tried several things and not getting the result.

Kindly help...

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Instead of this:

$phone_list = "";
while($rowRestore = mysql_fetch_array($resultRestore))
{
    $phone_list .= $rowRestore['recphone'].","; 
}

Do this:

$phone_list = array ();
$index = 0;
$count = 0;
while ($rowRestore = mysql_fetch_array($resultRestore))
{
    // $phone_list[0] .= $rowRestore['recphone'] . ','; 
    $phone_list[$index] .= $rowRestore['recphone'] . ','; 

$count++;
    if ($count == 10000) 
    {
        $count = 0;
        $index++;
    }
}

foreach ($phone_list as $block)
{
    // process $block with curl
}

Thanks for taking time to respons my issue.

$block is taking the entire numbers, not the number which we are trying to limit to 10000

$block is taking the entire numbers, not the number which we are trying to limit to 10000

I don't understand what you mean, can you explain?

If query is for 25000 numbers, then it sends out all the 250000 numbers at once. It is not sending 10000 batch wise.

I used the same code as you have given, for example when I queried the database, there was total 25000 rows to be fetched when i fetched and used your code to send by 10000 batch but it all sent at once i.e. 25000 rows at once, it did not go through for 10000 each time. I dont know what is the issue...

Edit:
Foreach block

foreach ($phone_list as $block)
{
 $url = "http://www.smsgatewaycenter.com/library/send_sms_2.php?UserName=".urlencode($this->param[userid])."&Password=".urlencode($this->param[password])."&Type=Bulk&To=".urlencode(substr($block, 0, -1))."&Mask=".urlencode($this->sendname)."&Message=Hello%20World";
//echo $url;
$ch = curl_init($url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
$curl_scraped_page = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch); 
}

Spotted. This:

$phone_list[0] .= $rowRestore['recphone'] . ',';

should be:

$phone_list[$index] .= $rowRestore['recphone'] . ',';

Now it only sends out the first 10000 numbers to the service provider and rest 15000 request not sent.

I suggest you debug and step through the code line by line to see what is happening.

I have no idea to debug further, $index++ is giving correct value, may be we are making the $count value to 0 before it proceeds further. I am too confused with this now and lost my brain into this.

I also commented $count=0 and tested still it stopped at 10000 and rest 15000 did not go through.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.