I added input-group to my textarea to fix a text overlapping once the form was submitted. Now I cannot type anything in the textarea on IE9 it works on every other browser even IE 6. Any body has ran into a problem like this?
Bellow is a code snippet

<cf_yrmc_input type="textarea" altTag="p" readonly="#readonly#" cssclass="form-control input-group" name="descriptionConflictOfInterest" rows="6" cols="40" value="#review.descriptionConflictOfInterest#">

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

What is this markup? coldfusion?

Yes im using boot strap in coldfusion

Member Avatar for diafol

OK, I know v little about CF. Have added CF tag to your thread. Good luck with it. Anybody else?

I think is more of a bootstrap that CF it is input group class that is causing the issue on IE 9. It does not let me type in the textarea

Member Avatar for diafol

What is the html that cf spits out? This question may be beyond the ken of anybody not familiar with cf. It may be more of a bootstrap issue. If so post the html instead of this cf stuff. You.ll get more bites.

This is the HTML code

<div class="row">
     <div class="col-md-12"> 

<label>title</label>

<p class="form-control input-group" id="selfAssessmentAccomplishments">Heres is the text</p>
</div>
</div>
Member Avatar for diafol

Really? This:

<cf_yrmc_input type="textarea" altTag="p" readonly="#readonly#" cssclass="form-control input-group" name="descriptionConflictOfInterest" rows="6" cols="40" value="#review.descriptionConflictOfInterest#">

Creates:

<div class="row">
     <div class="col-md-12"> 
        <label>title</label>
        <p class="form-control input-group" id="selfAssessmentAccomplishments">Heres is the text</p>
    </div>
</div>

I can't see what type of textarea 40 cols / 6 rows this is. Have a look here: http://getbootstrap.com/components/#input-groups

Diafol I send you a private message. Was not able to attache and image but I will do it here.

Member Avatar for diafol

Sorry yankeefan24, all info about this thread to stay on the forum. Other contributors may wish to offer their help. PMs asking for help are generally ignored by members. Hope others will join in.

have you seen what is on the attachment before?

Member Avatar for diafol

Not sure what.s going on there. Looks like positioning in css issues.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.