G_Waddell 131 Posting Whiz in Training

Hi All,

This issue keeps reocccuring and I can not for the life of me figure out why.

When I add ANY AJAX control to my ASP.Net project, I end up getting an error that a reference in the designer is not defined. For example, if I add an UpdatePanel, the designer will generate something like the following: Protected WithEvents UpdatePanel1 As Global.System.Web.UI.WebControls.UpdatePanel If I change this to Protected WithEvents UpdatePanel1 As Global.System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel the error goes but every time I modify the page, I have to edit all the designer entries for any AJAX control on the page.
I looked at my project references and I have a Reference to System.Web.Extensions. If I open System.Web.Extensions in the Object browser, I can see both System.Web.UI and System.Web.UI.Web and UpdatePanel is under System.Web.UI

I have checked my Toolbox and it is pulling the AJAX controls from the System.Web.UI namespace and not the System.Web.UI.Webcontrols namespace.

Somebody somewhere must have encountered something like this before - why are there the wrong references being generated in the designer?