There is a lot of people who thinking that one day PHP will die then Why Maximum web development is going in PHP ?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

/me I can see flames of war coming o_o

I would say because it's easy to use and, at the moment, it's easy to replace developers.

commented: Yep. +15
commented: Winter is coming +9
Member Avatar for diafol

Heh heh. All languages have a particular shelf-life I suppose, but some stay more relevant than others. Many factors will decide whether a language retains adoption rates and continued support. My own experience was with VB, Pascal and a few others before committing to web-based PHP. I've seen deaths a-plenty. I can't see PHP disappearing anytime soon. When it burst onto the scene senior programmer would scoff at it for being a bit lame and not fully functional wrt OOP. Since then, it has matured and responded to feature requests with each major release. It also has the advantage of having a number of big hitters on its side, like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, phpBB and a plethora of other apps. It is also pretty platform-agnostic, making it available on Linux and Windows with a range of webservers. It does its server-side job very well - it has a particular niche - it does not try to be all things to all situations (e.g. native app, client-side, desktop). It has huge open source support, including development tools. It doesn't need to be compiled every time you make a change. It has a very accessible syntax (as mentioned by cereal) and you can programme it via OOP or procedural means (or both!). This IMO, gives it the edge over some of the competition. However, one shouldn't put all of one's eggs in one basket, neither should one ignore the convenience and usuability of new, complementary or alternative languages. It's great for now, and that, I suppose is as much as you can say without a crystal ball.

PHP is, in my humble (or not so) opinion, a great framework for server-side web development. JavaScript, HTML and the rest are mostly client-side tools. If the specified code (PHP, JS, HTML) are properly secured on the server, then the chances of malware infections are greatly reduced. These days, security has an upper-seat to that of ease-of-implementation. Simple precautions can result in much more secure systems. Speed of delivery? A fast road to perdition, in my opinion. I'd rather take 2 more days to be sure that my code cannot be used to pwn my users' systems.

It is not easy to kill a language with such a big community and large code base such as PHP. Because with large code base, there is large demand for PHP programmer and with large demand, there come the large supply.

PHP is not a bad language. It is easy to learn. It is more forgiven to programmer mistake.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.