I would like to learn Php 7. Php 7 tutorials are available online (tutorialspoint.com, etc.) for those who already know previous version which I know not. Been aiting ever since late 2015 but no proper tutorials out yet. php.net is a reference manual and not a tutorial for beginner.

Q1. What are your top best Php 7 tutorials (paperback books, ebooks, online text tutorials and online video tutorials) suitable for complete beginners (who do not know previous versions) and why do you suggest them over others ?

The questions ask about the answerer to find-out more about the answerers as it is obvious I will get a variety of answers and I don't want to neglect the more experienced person's answers over the less experienced.

Q2. Where did you learn Php and which version and why particularly from there ?

Q3. How many years experience do you have in Php and which version ?

Q4. Which other languages you know and how many years experience ?

Q5. Where are your Php 7 and other Php versions' development portfolios (work samples) ?

Q6. Anything else I should know ?

The questions ask about the answerer to find-out more about the answerers as it is obvious I will get a variety of answers and I don't want to neglect the more experienced person's answers over the less experienced.

I take difference to your claim about previous PHP versions. https://www.tutorialspoint.com/php7/php7_introduction.htm writes:

"Learn PHP 7
Absolute Beginners."

Also "Audience

This tutorial has been prepared for PHP developers from a beginner’s point of view. After completing this tutorial, you will find yourself at a moderate level of expertise in the knowledge of PHP from where you can take yourself to next levels."

Yes they write "We assume that you already know about the older versions of PHP and now you can start learning the new features of PHP 7." but I looked over the tutorial and it doesn't seem to lean on taking prior tutorials. But why not take the PHP prior version tutorial if you feel overwhelmed?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.