Hi everyone.

I'm having a very seriouse problem where I have a textbox and I want a button and I want to take whatever a user type in this textbox/textarea and set it to the data-name which is a button's parameter. Here is the codes.

Textarea: <input type="text" id="dCell" value="Cellphone Number" maxlength="10" onkeypress="checkmax(this)" name="CellphoneNumber2" id="cCell" onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if (this.value == '') {this.value = 'Cellphone Number';}" required>

Button:<button id="cCart" class="btn btn-danger my-cart-btn my-cart-b" data-id="16" data-name="testbutton" data-summary="summary 16" data-price="50" data-quantity="1" data-image="images/of15.png">Buy Airtime</button>

The code I tried:

function checkmax(element){
                        if(element.value.length == 9){
                            //var idNumber = $('#dCell').val();
                            $(function() {
                                $('dCell').change(function() {
                                    $('#cCart').data('data-name', this.value);
                                });
                            });
                        }else{

}
                    }

I can't seem to make this work. I want to assign whatever the user typed to the button on the 'data-name' so it will change from testbutton to whatever the user typed. How can I get that working?

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Months
Discussion Span
Last Post by gentlemedia

Line 6 should be:

$('#cCart').data('name', this.value);

EDIT:
And line 5 should be:

$('#dCell').change(function() {

Edited by gentlemedia

But my code is the same as what you posted except that you had 'name' and I have 'data-name' which is where I want to apply the changes.

Ow I've spotted what you are talking about, I missed the # I've just did as you said but still the 'data-name=testbutton' is not updated. its just writes 'testbutton' to the cart

Did you also changed $('#cCart').data('data-name', this.value); to $('#cCart').data('name', this.value);? Because you don't inlcude data- in it unles you use .attr() instead of .data()

Edited by gentlemedia

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.