Which programming language used for the below url? How to know the programming language of particular website?
htt ps ://www.f orm1099onli ne.com/

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There’s generally no way of knowing what programming language was used on the server to build the site. All web development languages spit out a mix of HTML, Javascript, CSS, etc.

I’m on my phone right now, but I’ll check from my desktop tomorrow. You can usually tell from different clues such as what’s in the HTTP headers that the server sends, and sometimes from the HTML itself.

OK, I just checked. The website was written in ASP.NET, and powered by a Microsoft IIS web server.

The 'clues' of what piece of server software (if any) generated the HTML your browser renders on the client computer screen usually can be figured out by using the View Source option on the browser, or even be as simple as looking at the extension of the page.
If, for example, the page extension ends with 'php,' then you know that the server side HTML generator was PHP. If the page ends in 'aspx,' then you know the HTML comes from classic ASP.Net. Similarly, ASP.Net MVC generates HTML pages that end in 'vbhtml' or 'cshtml' which also tells you if the server side page language is Visual Basic or C#.
Similarly, looking at the HTML source also gives away if the page came from a CMS like WordPress, Joomla or another CMS.
As an aside, I recall converting an ASP.Net project to WordPress. The tight and fast (and partially compiled) ASP.Net code ran at about 600 lines. In WordPress, it was ten times that! Not that it mattered a lot, modern browsers are much, much faster than their predecessors in parsing CMS output, and rendering the page.
The main point is that if using a CMS lets you (or the client) capture the content, who cares what generates it? You can, with minimal experience, confidently say that a page came from WordPress, or Drupal, or was hand-coded, or whatever, but it seldom matters unless the client is asking if you can take over the project and manage it.
Your question lacked the context of what use you wished to make of the information, but I hope this is useful.

Most websites are made with HTML, CSS, and Javascript, to check, you can press ctrl + u, and it shows you the code of the website.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.