Hi,

I am making an asp website using visual c#. I am working on visual studio 2008. I have a problem with selecting data source from the database for UI components. For example, i added a "dropdownlist", clicked to select data source appeared on the right. I entered my hostname, password, and db name correctly. When I clicked to "Test Connection" button, it returns "Test Successful". When I click ok to create data source, it gives me an error:
Invalid collection name
at VsDataObjectSupport(123,6)
at VSDataViewSupport(72,16)
at VSDataViewSupport(1031,4)

Can anyone help me with this problem. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi there Yassar, this is a strange one. I have been doing some research but so far have not found anything useful. Can you tell me....Is the above the full error message? If not can you post it so I can help you further....

Hi,

I am making an asp website using visual c#. I am working on visual studio 2008. I have a problem with selecting data source from the database for UI components. For example, i added a "dropdownlist", clicked to select data source appeared on the right. I entered my hostname, password, and db name correctly. When I clicked to "Test Connection" button, it returns "Test Successful". When I click ok to create data source, it gives me an error:
Invalid collection name
at VsDataObjectSupport(123,6)
at VSDataViewSupport(72,16)
at VSDataViewSupport(1031,4)

Can anyone help me with this problem. Thanks

I've same problem, as you're from Turkey, I suspect that it's about local settings. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.