Hello I am trying to query a database to show records only for the current user using variable I get the correct data but only 1 row with results any guidance?

// Query database to retrieve records associated with the user
$sql = "SELECT * FROM table_name WHERE variable_name = :variable_name";
$stmt = $conn->prepare($sql);
$stmt->bindParam(':variable_name', $variable_name, PDO::PARAM_STR);
$stmt->execute();
$records = $stmt->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC);

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

To ensure that you're retrieving all records associated with the current user, you need to make sure that your query accurately filters the data based on the user's identifier (variable_name). Here's how you can modify your query to achieve this:

// Assuming $currentUser holds the identifier of the current user

// Query database to retrieve records associated with the current user
$stmt->bindParam(':variable_name', $currentUser, PDO::PARAM_STR);
$stmt->execute();

In this modified version of your code, $currentUser represents the identifier of the current user. This identifier should uniquely identify the current user in your database. By binding this value to the :variable_name parameter in your SQL query, you ensure that only records associated with the current user are retrieved.

Make sure that $currentUser holds the correct value before executing the query to ensure accurate filtering of records. If there are still issues with retrieving multiple rows of data, verify that there are indeed multiple records associated with the current user in your database.

logically, it would be because WHERE variable_name = :variable_name matches 1 row in your table

maybe try a var_dump(str_replace(':variable_name',"'some_value'",$sql));var_dump($records);?

run the sql on whichever way you use to access your DB directly

I don't use PDO so i'm not too familiar on how it returns results, either way you will know which part is faulty after you do the above.

To retrieve all records associated with the current user, you can use the fetchAll() method instead of fetch(). Here's how you can modify your code:

// Query database to retrieve records associated with the user
$stmt->bindParam(':variable_name', $variable_name, PDO::PARAM_STR);
$stmt->execute();

This will fetch all rows that match the criteria specified in the SQL query and store them in the $records variable as an array of associative arrays.

commented: looks like an AI answer, he did use the fetchAll command but got 1 result -2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.