i am developing a job site and i require to search for records from the database. i m passing value fro that parameter in textbox.
so please help me
thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

i am developing a job site and i require to search for records from the database. i m passing value fro that parameter in textbox.
so please help me
thanks in advance

pseudo_code:

Dim strSQL as String

strSQL = "SELECT Field1, Field2 FROM tbltemp WHERE Field1 = '" & TextBox1.Text & "'"

Hope this helps.

pseudo_code:

Dim strSQL as String

strSQL = "SELECT Field1, Field2 FROM tbltemp WHERE Field1 = '" & TextBox1.Text & "'"

Hope this helps.

thanks sir
this help me out. but when i m printing the record it also shows me textbox and command button. So sir now how do i remove this from print out.

so please help me
thanks in advance

TRY THIS WITH ASP.NET USING VB.NET:

Private Sub btnsearch_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnsearch.Click
Try
txtmsg.Text = ""
OleDbDataAdapter1 = New OleDbDataAdapter("select * from phbook where name like '" & ddl.SelectedItem.Text & "%'", OleDbConnection1)
OleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet21, "phbook")
OleDbConnection1.Open()
Dim com As New OleDbCommand
com.Connection = OleDbConnection1
com.CommandText = "select * from phbook"
dg1.DataBind()
Catch ex As Exception
txtmsg.Text = ex.ToString
OleDbConnection1.Close()
End Try
End Sub

THIS WILL SEARCH THE TEXT AND ONLY CHECKING THE FIRST LETTER OF THE GIVEN TEXT:

LIKE IF U WRITE "J" YHEN UT WILL SEARCH EVERY TEXT STARTING WITH THE LETTER J......

I HOPE THIS WILL HELP:cheesy:

When passing query use parameters:

cmd.CommandText = "SELECT ID, Title, Job FROM Jobs WHERE Title=@Title"
cmd.Parameters.Add("@Title", SqlDataType.NVarChar).Value = Me.txtTitle.Text.Trim

To hide some element while print:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread54946.html

TRY THIS WITH ASP.NET USING VB.NET:

Private Sub btnsearch_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnsearch.Click
Try
txtmsg.Text = ""
OleDbDataAdapter1 = New OleDbDataAdapter("select * from phbook where name like '" & ddl.SelectedItem.Text & "%'", OleDbConnection1)
OleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet21, "phbook")
OleDbConnection1.Open()
Dim com As New OleDbCommand
com.Connection = OleDbConnection1
com.CommandText = "select * from phbook"
dg1.DataBind()
Catch ex As Exception
txtmsg.Text = ex.ToString
OleDbConnection1.Close()
End Try
End Sub

THIS WILL SEARCH THE TEXT AND ONLY CHECKING THE FIRST LETTER OF THE GIVEN TEXT:

LIKE IF U WRITE "J" YHEN UT WILL SEARCH EVERY TEXT STARTING WITH THE LETTER J......

I HOPE THIS WILL HELP:cheesy:

i try using this sample code to my application.but if you dont mind, can you state the namesapece of DATA declarations for connection n data type to match with this code.

tq

please send me the c# sharp code ..
i am developing the application using the c# (same project i am doing like job portal)]
please send me ASAp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.