hi,

I am doing an application which displays images dynamically.i have resized the images to fit to the screen.

Now when i display the images, the images seems to be pixelized.

There are more dots around the border of the image.

How can i reduce this pixelization?

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Exelio :!:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Post your code for resize so we can see what can be improved.

The short answer is "no", most likely. It isn't very intuitive, but the reason why images appear "bad" on screen is likely because they are actually high-quality, high-resolution images. A typical computer screen can display 72 or 96 pixels per inch. Even a low-quality laser printer prints at 300 dots per inch. So a "low quality" print image can contain much more information than a computer screen can display.

Thus, images can often appear choppy or "pixelized" on-screen.

Likewise, images specifically prepared for on-screen, low resolution display will often look bad when used in print workflows, because there simply aren't enough pixels/dots to make a good image.

The answer in all cases is to create the images at the proper resolution for the intended medium.

I thought he was talking about dynamic resizing in code. :D

hi,

Really thanks for ur responses especially to tgree.

After i resize the images, they are displayed with correct resolution.
But i need to tilt the images to a certain angle and once i do that the images become pixelized.

Any other suggestions on this plz.

Thanks and regards

Exelio

Again, it's a question of mapping image pixels to device (in this case, screen) pixels. If you angle the image, you lose the 1:1 mapping. The device has to "fake" it or add/remove extra pixels to simulate the image, with less than ideal results.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.