hi,

I am doing an application which displays images dynamically.i have resized the images to fit to the screen.

Now when i display the images, the images seems to be pixelized.

There are more dots around the border of the image.

How can i reduce this pixelization?

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Exelio :!:

The short answer is "no", most likely. It isn't very intuitive, but the reason why images appear "bad" on screen is likely because they are actually high-quality, high-resolution images. A typical computer screen can display 72 or 96 pixels per inch. Even a low-quality laser printer prints at 300 dots per inch. So a "low quality" print image can contain much more information than a computer screen can display.

Thus, images can often appear choppy or "pixelized" on-screen.

Likewise, images specifically prepared for on-screen, low resolution display will often look bad when used in print workflows, because there simply aren't enough pixels/dots to make a good image.

The answer in all cases is to create the images at the proper resolution for the intended medium.

hi,

Really thanks for ur responses especially to tgree.

After i resize the images, they are displayed with correct resolution.
But i need to tilt the images to a certain angle and once i do that the images become pixelized.

Any other suggestions on this plz.

Thanks and regards

Exelio

Again, it's a question of mapping image pixels to device (in this case, screen) pixels. If you angle the image, you lose the 1:1 mapping. The device has to "fake" it or add/remove extra pixels to simulate the image, with less than ideal results.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.