Ok here it is in this forum, I am looking for how to do Info Tags - NOT a popup as I do not want to use the javascript Window.Open- I want something like the smart tags, but like the nice info windows that appear here in the DaniWeb Forums.. when you mouse over the link the next thing you see is an informational window , I have seen this also on Amazon and MonsterTemplates. How do I do this using DOT.NET - I know it is a client side action, so how can I do it ? Do I need to use Javascript.. Or does someone know a DOT NET way to do the same thing....???? :?: :eek:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You need to use javascript, any .NET component would do it by emitting javascript anyway. Here is a little hoverover javascript I made, feel free to use it directly or maybe it will help you to make your own.

Thank You for the code - this is exactly what I was looking for.
I simply can call this from an OnMouseOver event from within my DOT NET code and it should work...

for much nicer rollovers and other more powerful tools use AJAX. Get the microsoft ajax toolkits and most of it is done for you.

for much nicer rollovers and other more powerful tools use AJAX. Get the microsoft ajax toolkits and most of it is done for you.

I thought MS Ajax only worked with NET 2.0 - I will need to revisit that and see..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.