can anybody tell me how i can upload a file without user interaction.the file full path is known and can be hardcoded.there will be a button on page when user press it the file should be uploaded.

Active-x i sone solution but for that the user have to low down his/her security settings which is not possible in this case.

any solution?

10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by sa.ahmadzade

Are you actually saying you don't want to use ActiveX to do it? because uploads can be done without that by using an input of type="file" and a form enctype="multipart/form-data".

Doing this yourself is a lot of work but ABCUpload is a server side component for ASP that will do it for you.

Accessing the users drives with just a button is not the kind of behaviour we would wish for in a browser.

Think about it. If this were allowed, then if someone wanted to, he could steal any of the web user's files from his hard disk, using a spoofed button that says it does something else.

THAT is why it is not allowed.

VB.NET programming language in Windows
Web browser control
When the page is loaded
There is a file upload control
I want the page loading time,
File upload control to upload a file with a specific path in the system user to select
Click the button to send the user to upload files to be
Namely: Auto Select Path of File in UPLOAD FILE CONTROL For Upload?
Thank you

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.