hi am developing an application to upload images to gridview which i have completed ,now i need to create directories and subdirectories to upload the images according to their type i have written a class to read all directories like
public Classname[] Getdirectories(string name)
{
string basepath=System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.ApplicationPhysicalPAth +"images"+"/"+name;
string[] files=Directory.GetDirectories(basepath);
}
this coding was working only for the first set of subdirectories
but on further read it gives an error like
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\ApplicationName\images\Sub'.

This is because ,a directory name is missing between the ' images' folder and 'Sub' Folder

i changed the coding like
String basepath=System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Mappath(name);

but it gives me an error like
The relative virtual path 'Directoryname' is not allowed here
can anyone help me on this regard on how to set the path for the directory in oder to read them dynamically

plz help me on this regard
Shruthi

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you get the error probably, inside your folder dun have "sub" folder name. you need to check it, if didnt found the folder, u need create a new folder.

based on the code, i didnt found any coding that create a new folder when the system didnt found ur folder.

hope it can help u

hi..
first create a Directory using path.getfilename
and create directory if exits then create a folder inside the directory and then save the images inside the folder and save the path in database..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.