I am developing a web site based on Job Application. Now when i run this site at my client's computer the pages are look much wider.
I have 17 inch Monitor and my client has 15 inch monitor.
So how could i slove this problem regarding the screen resolution.

Please Help me out.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You don't. Or, rather, you shouldn't worry about this it all. Pick a standard resolution, such as 800x600, and code for it. Trying to code for all possible screen resolutions and browser window sizes will drive you crazy, and in my opinion it's sticking your nose where it doesn't belong: inside the users' preferences for monitor and window settings.

That said, JavaScript does give a "screen" object which you can interrogate to gather info about resolution. ASP.NET should have that built in to some object or other for you.

You don't. Or, rather, you shouldn't worry about this it all. Pick a standard resolution, such as 800x600, and code for it. Trying to code for all possible screen resolutions and browser window sizes will drive you crazy, and in my opinion it's sticking your nose where it doesn't belong: inside the users' preferences for monitor and window settings.

That said, JavaScript does give a "screen" object which you can interrogate to gather info about resolution. ASP.NET should have that built in to some object or other for you.

i am using asp.net 2003 sir can you pls give me some pseudocode for this. my code behind is vb.net 2003

i have a web project and i need to apply a specific resolution to all the pages that is
1280 X 768
any suggestion how to do that
it's urgent do reply quickly

How to Set web page resolution in asp.net with coding.. please help me the process with step by step ......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.