Hey all,

Just wondering if there was an asp .net control out there, which allowed me to specify a folder full of images, and then change them all to thumbnails (with links to the actual image) and display them somehow, like in a datalist or something. I suppose I could simply do this myself...

Any help would be appreciated

Slade

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

David Barrett made a control that does exactly what you need, but it's for the IBuySpy Portal, and its not a standard ASP.NET control. However, the source is available, and you could easily adapt it to a non IBS solution.

Hey all,

Just wondering if there was an asp .net control out there, which allowed me to specify a folder full of images, and then change them all to thumbnails (with links to the actual image) and display them somehow, like in a datalist or something. I suppose I could simply do this myself...

Any help would be appreciated

Slade

slade,

We have an ASP.NET server control (DotNetgallery) designed for easy displaying image galleries in the aspx pages.

It is a file-based, dynamic, image gallery. It is also a highly configurable application that automatically generates fast thumbnail indexes of a folder structure.

If you are interested, please check the following link:

http://cutesoft.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=3&tabid=5

commented: Advertising isn' -2

Thanks guys! Just downloaded both solutions, will let you know which one I find best :D

Tekmaven, will you give me a hand if I find it difficult to adapt David Barret's control? By the way, something weird there... In the text file it says he doesn't have the upload function working, but in the fixes section it says he got it fixed in 1.2... currently on 1.2.1 hehe.

Anyways, I'll find out when I give it a shot.

Thanks guys

Catchya

Oh by the way, that dotnetgallery is really cool except I'd like to try david barrets control before I purchase it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.