We are making a form for our intranet site but we want the email adress from the logged on user who send us the request form. Because we have over 2000 users and about 70% don't know their email adress we want to make a field where the users email adress automaticily appears when they open the form.

Does anyone have a script

Thnx

Edwin

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Where are you storing your users email addresses? Are you running the intranet off a db and/or are you using Active Directory services?

How are you currently identifying the user? How would you identify the user to select their email?

Where are you storing your users email addresses? Are you running the intranet off a db and/or are you using Active Directory services?

How are you currently identifying the user? How would you identify the user to select their email?

hi lafinboy,

The users-email adresses are store in active directory services, Exchange 2000.
This is a form for users to report a mallfunction of hard- or software. If the form is fill in, they can send it to us, all the information will be store in an access db. They can send it, but we cannot give auto-reply because we don't know the email-adress.

thnx for your reply, i hope you have an answer. I can send the script if your like.

Hey edwin,

Check out this article on returning information on a user through active directory and ADO. It is written in VB, but should be easy enough to convert to VBScript/ASP (if that's what you're using).

I haven't had too much to do with Active Directory so can't give you a straight solution. Hope the link helps you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.