Hi All,

I am facing this problem while displaying the image with huge image map in IE6.
The image map is read as a form field in the jsp page.
If the image map is normal ie, if it chart has around 9000 points then it works fine.
But if it exceeds 10,000 points in the imagemap ie the file size becomes more than 1MB, some portion of the page are displayed partially or totally absent, including the image.
Strange thing happens when I go to a different window and come back to this window. All the elements are the page are now present.

The same code works fine with FireFox.

Can you please let me know is there any fix for this bug in IE

Regards,
Narayan

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

it's not a bug in IE.
Why the heck do kids always think their own incompetence is a "bug" in someone else's product?

Quite simply you're almost certainly running into connection timeouts.

it's not a bug in IE.
Why the heck do kids always think their own incompetence is a "bug" in someone else's product?

Quite simply you're almost certainly running into connection timeouts.

Its not about INCOMPETENCY, its about facing an issue. If its an issue about CONNECTION TIMEOUTS, then it certainly an issue with INTERNET EXPLORER default settings as our application is working beautifully with other FREE Browsers.
We are not referring it as a BUG in the code, but a setting or a property not fully communicated to the developers so that they can understand and take care of such issue.

I hope the information above will suffice your comments on my post.
The term incompetency clearly depicts your ARROGANCE towards the Forum users, which is actually a Knowledge Sharing platform.

Regards,
Naru.......

Use the kind of image map that sends x-y coordinates.

The competency behind wanting to send 1 MB of image map coordinates could be considered questionable...

Narayan, have you done some research on your part? Have you skimmed through the IE bug database(if there is any) to see if this problem has been encountered by others? Maybe you are using some Gecko specific features in your code which don't seem to work well on IE. Have you tested your code on Opera as well as Netscape?

There are numerous possibilities as to the reason this is happening, most of them seem to be stemming from not using cross browser compatible code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.