DB2 9 can validate the XML document at the time of import against a registered XML schema. To validate your XML data when importing into DB2 relational table, in addition to a data file, you also require an XML schema to be used for validation.

You can import XML data into a DB2 table with XML data type column with or without validation. You can always choose not to validate the XML data at the time of import.

The XMLVALIDATE function can be used to validate an XML document. Using this function on the XML document ensures that insert or update happens only if the validation is successful.

I have a few huge XML documents. It fails to get opened in most of the external tools. Can pureXML handle this?

pureXML can handle huge XML documents. It can handle XML documents up to 2 GB. For those which are greater than 2 GB, you can split into smaller documents.

pureXMl supports flexible schema where there is no need for a fixed schema per XML column. You can use 0 or 1 or more schemas per XML column. Even if these schemas are conflicting for different columns, you can still use these schemas within an XML column.

I have a few huge XML documents. It fails to get opened in most of the external tools. Can pureXML handle this?

pureXML can handle huge XML documents. It can handle XML documents up to 2 GB. For those which are greater than 2 GB, you can split into smaller documents.

I want to create index on XML column. Is there any way to create index on XML columns of DB2 9?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.