Statement statement = null;

ResultSet rs = null;
Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();
connection = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionURL, user, password);
statement = connection.createStatement();
rs = statement.executeQuery("SELECT * table");

while (rs.next())
{
out.println(rs.getString("name")+"<br>"+rs.

getString("emailid")+"<br>"+rs.getString("contents

")+"<br>");
}

rs.close();

%>

</body></html>

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

1) This code should not be in a scriptlet. Move the query part out to a bean.

2) Use a connection pool, or open the connection in a session object (although this type of persistence is frowned upon) because opening a connection for every page load is extremely inefficient.

3) if you absolutely must use scriptlets (which you don't, but you may insist on it) then at least don't mix "html tag" strings into the middle of the scriptlet, that is just blurring the separation (and increasing the maintenance load) all that much more.

4) The user would generally be simply "root", as opposed to "root@localhost". The MySQL server will resolve the "@whatever" part itself, depending on where you connect from. Make sure you have the user@whatever login allowed over TCP in your MySQL configuration.

I think those are enough problems for now.

No i dint get what u said.
I changed that root@localhost to root, i am getting ststus-500, internal error(). Plz can u sort out this problem

The actual error message and stacktrace would help. The status 500 message simply tells you something went wrong, not what. Look in the logs for your application for the actuall error (not that I think it's going to help). If you didn't understand what I said, then you have a large learning curve in front of you, and you should read a couple of good tutorials before continuing.

String user="root@localhost"

should be

String user="root";

He's already been told this, and then will only say that he gets a 500 status back, but has not provided an error message yet. I am willing to bet it is the mysql user configuration now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.