HI guys,
I'm working on a client site, and have limited time (and freedoms).

The site is using *ahem* frames, and unfortunately I cannot change this at this point in the game.

I'm noticing a problem when user uses the Browser's BACK button. With each click, 3 frames are being changed, and it messes with the history.

IE - to get to last page viewed takes 3 clicks of the back button, instead of one.

Is there any way to exclude a page from the history list when it loads? I will just make it so the header and footer frames don't get added to history.

Ideas?
Thanks!

Contributors
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cherrymaktob

HI guys,
I'm working on a client site, and have limited time (and freedoms).

The site is using *ahem* frames, and unfortunately I cannot change this at this point in the game.

I'm noticing a problem when user uses the Browser's BACK button. With each click, 3 frames are being changed, and it messes with the history.

IE - to get to last page viewed takes 3 clicks of the Ajax back button, instead of one.

Is there any way to exclude a page from the history list when it loads? I will just make it so the header and footer frames don't get added to history.

Ideas?
Thanks!

yes, there is two ways .....

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.