Hi

i want to bind a drop down list on the other drop down list selected index change event. i m using the following code---
ddlid.Attributes.Add("onchange","javascript:callfunction(this);")

function is written in a seperate js file.

this works in IE but not in Mozilla... plz give me the solution so that it will work in Mozilla also

Thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by balajipdv

try moving the function to your current file and see if it fixes your problem. Also, make sure your file is included before you call the function.

if i put that function ( which is written in a seperate js file) in the same file then it works...
i have included the js file also, but if this function is written in the js then it is not working,
please solve my this problem also
and thanks 4 solving my background-color code problem...
bbye

This is because you are compiling your page before the javascript runs. Try adding the javascript to your page before you call your code. Example is below:

If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
  If Not Page.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("IncludedJavascript") Then
    Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock("IncludedJavascript", "<SCRIPT Language=""JavaScript"" src=""javascriptincludedfile.js""></SCRIPT>")
  End If
  ddlid.Attributes.Add("onchange","javascript:callfunction(this);")
End If

Hi, i m using the following code but it is not working...

if(!Page.IsPostBack)
{
    if(!Page.IsClientScriptBlockRegistered("scriptcode"))
    {
        Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock("scriptcode","<script language=javascript src=\"scriptcode.js\"></script>");
    }
}

actually that drop down is pasted on a user control and the user control is pasted on a page. i have written this code on the both page user control and the actual page, but it is not working....
what should i do???

Edited by Dani: Formatting fixed

first check to see if your code is executing correctly. add a write command right after your scriptcode src segment and run the page. If it posts, and your script isn't executing let me know.

if i write on the page
Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock("scriptcode","<script language=javascript src=\"scriptcode.js\"></script>");
Response.Write("<script>alert('hit');</script>");

it shows the message hit.
but if i write the same code on the user control it doesn't show the message.

then I guess the only thing I can suggest to you is put your code on that page instead of in the include file. I've had that problem before and that was the way I solved it. Sorry that I can't be of more assistance. Try the javascript forum as well!

its ok and THANKS A LOT for that much assistance...
see u later with another problem :icon_wink:
till than bye and take care

HI,
I want to Bind data in dropdownlist by using javascript when selected index changes in first dropdown list .
Can any one give me the code for javascript

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.