Hi
i want to write an app that send text from one device to an other , how can i test it with emulator on pc ? is it possible with wtk ?
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You need to run two emulator instances in same time and do not forget to give them unique IDs which you can lookup by easily

You need to run two emulator instances in same time and do not forget to give them unique IDs which you can lookup by easily

please explain how i do it ?
i use java platform miroedition SDK 3 (on netbeans IDE) . i run project and first emuator start to work but for second time when i run project this out put shown :

Copying 1 file to C:\Users\mahdi\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Bluetooth_Test\dist\nbrun7720854359932549999
Copying 1 file to C:\Users\mahdi\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Bluetooth_Test\dist\nbrun7720854359932549999
Jad URL for OTA execution: http://localhost:8082/servlet/org.netbeans.modules.mobility.project.jam.JAMServlet/C%3A/Users/mahdi/Documents/NetBeansProjects/Bluetooth_Test/dist//Bluetooth_Test.jad
Starting emulator in execution mode
Installing suite from: http://127.0.0.1:50514/Bluetooth_Test.jad
*** Error ***
A problem occured during deploying application from http://127.0.0.1:50514/Bluetooth_Test.jad
Reason:
MIDlet suite is already running.
C:\Users\mahdi\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Bluetooth_Test\nbproject\build-impl.xml:898: Execution failed with error code 1.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 1 second)

thanks

i try to test it with wtk 2.5.2
1. i run project
2. propertise>>manage emulator >>tools & extensions >> open preferences>>Bloutooth/OBEX
3.i change "bluetooth adress of next emulator"
4.on BCC properties i change frindly name
5. run project
but this is out put :

Running in the identified_third_party security domain
java.io.IOException: JSR082 support is not available.
at com.sun.kvem.jsr082.impl.bluetooth.BluetoothContro ller.initialize(BluetoothController.java:621)
at com.sun.kvem.jsr082.bluetooth.LocalDeviceImpl.<ini t>(LocalDeviceImpl.java:166)
at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDevice(LocalDe vice.java:94)
at Midlet.doDeviceDiscovery(Midlet.java:60)
at Midlet.commandAction(Midlet.java:44)
at javax.microedition.lcdui.Display$DisplayAccessor.c ommandAction(Display.java:1992)
at javax.microedition.lcdui.Display$DisplayManagerImp l.commandAction(Display.java:2825)
at com.sun.midp.lcdui.DefaultEventHandler.commandEven t(DefaultEventHandler.java:303)
at com.sun.midp.lcdui.AutomatedEventHandler.commandEv ent(AutomatedEventHandler.java:670)
at com.sun.midp.lcdui.DefaultEventHandler$QueuedEvent Handler.handleVmEvent(+186)
at com.sun.midp.lcdui.DefaultEventHandler$QueuedEvent Handler.run(+57)
javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: JSR082 support is not available.
at com.sun.kvem.jsr082.bluetooth.LocalDeviceImpl.<ini t>(LocalDeviceImpl.java:185)
at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDevice(LocalDe vice.java:94)
at Midlet.doDeviceDiscovery(Midlet.java:60)
at Midlet.commandAction(Midlet.java:44)
at javax.microedition.lcdui.Display$DisplayAccessor.c ommandAction(Display.java:1992)
at javax.microedition.lcdui.Display$DisplayManagerImp l.commandAction(Display.java:2825)
at com.sun.midp.lcdui.DefaultEventHandler.commandEven t(DefaultEventHandler.java:303)
at com.sun.midp.lcdui.AutomatedEventHandler.commandEv ent(AutomatedEventHandler.java:670)
at com.sun.midp.lcdui.DefaultEventHandler$QueuedEvent Handler.handleVmEvent(+186)
at com.sun.midp.lcdui.DefaultEventHandler$QueuedEvent Handler.run(+57)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.