hai friends... i created jar file in windowsxp , can jar file run in win CE os or not ?plz help me....

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

dont think so.

I know for a fact that PocketPC cant do java at all and thats based on CE, isnt it?

LOL jbennet, that is why you should stay with VB/.NET(no offence :cheesy: ).
Java = platform independent
Yes it will run, there can be minor problem if you use different versions, but if both systems have same Java version you fine

i think you need J2ME (JME)
many PDA can run JME MIDP 1.1 and MIDP 2.0

http://java.sun.com/javame/index.jsp
you can check here

also check your computer has java virtual machine or some kind of midlet manager...

I know for a fact that PocketPC cant do java at all and thats based on CE, isnt it?

they can run java but you need compile and package it with j2me, but i am not sure pocketpcs are CE-based.

LOL jbennet, that is why you should stay with VB/.NET(no offence :cheesy: ).
Java = platform independent
Yes it will run, there can be minor problem if you use different versions, but if both systems have same Java version you fine

Hey peter...,

As you said... Java=platform independent. ..like people who say it in theoritically.. so i'm ok with your concept.....

But hav some doubt on this...

i have created jar file for my project.... i just sent that file to my friend....he couldnt run that jar file in his system....

coz he dint have JVM in his system.....so can v say java is platform independent...at this time....

or compulsively v should install JVM......

java provides platform-independence by placing a layer between your os and your application... i don't think there is an alternate way of doing this...
unless everybody uses same OS... (stupid idea :) )

you can make your application as a web application, then put it somewhere on the internet where your friend can access...
then he/she just needs a web browser...

jars can certainly work on mobile devices, but they must be created for them as mobile devices have JREs that provide only a subset of the functionality of the full API.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.