Hai Friends,
Iam doing project in J2ME,
in MIDlet Form i append three textfields , one CustomItem control, how to setfocus(to set focus in second textfield when starting project) and to get focus(Currently Selection in which control).
i doknow hot to get focus. please help me for this problem.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

As far I know this is not possible through use of Form at the present state (maybe new release of SDK 3.0 will give as more options). Only open option is Canvas and re-draw and recreate whole functionality. Question, is it worth it?

PS: Maybe this is possible with LWUIT, but not sure as this is also another add on coming with new SDK

hai, i tried with new sdk3.0 , but it doesnot supporting cldc 1.0

hai friends , i used display.setCurrent(textfield), its working for set focus

Nice one, I was not aware of setCurrent(Item item) method only setCurrent(Displayable nextDisplayable) . However reading API it says "Requests that the Displayable that contains this Item be made current, scrolls the Displayable so that this Item is visible, and possibly assigns the focus to this Item."
It more or less may work on some mobile devices and others can ignore this completely. Did you try to run your MIDlet on real device, to see if it does work? WTK emulator and real device are like two different universes...

hai friends , i used display.setCurrent(textfield), its working for set focus

Wat a Solution!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.