Hi,

I am using MS ACCESS. I want to validate a particular field.
To check whether if its a valid email address with a @

So anyone have tutorials or website to reccomend or even reply off hand with the expression to check for @ in a string?

Thanks alot.

Hi,

I am using MS ACCESS. I want to validate a particular field.
To check whether if its a valid email address with a @

So anyone have tutorials or website to reccomend or even reply off hand with the expression to check for @ in a string?

Thanks alot.

Yes
You Can Validate A Field Which Must Contain "@"
for That Open Table In Design View & in General Tab Go To "Validation Rule" & Edit Function with <A href="mailto:"InStr(1,[Email],"@")>=1">"InStr(1,[Email],"@")>=1"
& Creat A error Msg If u Want Please Note That In Above Syntex Second String "[Email]" is Name Of Field For Which You want To Add Validation
[IMG]http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/C:\Documents and Settings\v-shalar\Desktop\access.bmp[/IMG]

Yes
You Can Validate A Field Which Must Contain "@"
for That Open Table In Design View & in General Tab Go To "Validation Rule" & Edit Function with <A href="mailto:"InStr(1,[email],"@")>=1">"InStr(1,[email],"@")>=1"
& Creat A error Msg If u Want Please Note That In Above Syntex Second String "[email]" is Name Of Field For Which You want To Add Validation
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/C:\Documents and Settings\v-shalar\Desktop\access.bmp

Hi Prakash

Thanks for the message posted but I am havng troule to understand the logic you have shown in the code.

I have also tried this code in MS Access but it is not working. if you could then can you please send me the proper solutionI mean the code which works in your MS Access version which I can copy and paste and understand it.

This is not my assignment so don't think anything in that perspactive. I am doing advance stuff than this. So please do reply me either here or at my mail id which is : ankit_upadhyay2020@yahoo.com

Cheers.

Hey i am did this validation rule for a project i did 3 months ago, i readead your thread and found the way i did it. just place this text in to your validation rule field and it works a dream:
((Like "*?@?*.?*") And (Not Like "*[ ,;]*"))

it works perfectly and the company i just built a database for have no issues with it, it can even tell if someone enters " accedentally due to them not configuring their language settings properly. I hope all you guys out there find this useful.

cheers Remi

Hey i am did this validation rule for a project i did 3 months ago, i readead your thread and found the way i did it. just place this text in to your validation rule field and it works a dream:
((Like "*?@?*.?*") And (Not Like "*[ ,;]*"))

it works perfectly and the company i just built a database for have no issues with it, it can even tell if someone enters " accedentally due to them not configuring their language settings properly. I hope all you guys out there find this useful.

cheers Remi

:icon_cool: Remi Gr8 Job. You are awesome! please be in contact me with me. my email is [email snipped]

Thanks

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for!

Has anyone even tried to validate this rule? I just did and it accepts tons of rubbish input (multiple @'s for example).

thanks Reme ... it's usful

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.