Hello Friends,

I am a student. I have to complete a project and would like to learn few things from all you experts on ms access.

I have to make a personal contact directory with id, date, name, address, phone, email and photo.

To feed data, I have to make a form that is to be sent to all my contacts. They should fill it up and send me back as attachment file through yahoo, gmail or any webmail.

I should save all those attachment files into a particular folder in my computer.

My personal contact directory in ms access should update itself using all the files from that particular folder and remove the older data with new one if the ID is same and Date is new.

Please let know the solution if it is possible in ms access 2000 or 2007.

Thanks a lot for your advice,
Kind regards,
dk

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This is certainly possible; however I do have a few questions. Does your database support contacts having more than one address, phone, e-mail and photo? Secondly, what type of form will you send around (Access form, Excel Spreadsheet, text file)?

If you send out an access database, then they need access in order to fill out the form; you are able to download the trial version of access, which will work, but I'm not sure how comfortable others would feel about downloading it just to fill out your form. You could have them supply all their information in just a text document and sent a picture with a specific name to you.

Lastly, Microsoft does sell a product called InfoPath that is supposed to be able to handle what you are doing; I haven't used it though, so I'm not sure I can be much help with it.

What you are trying to do is certainly possible; it just depends on how you want to go about doing it.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes, all my contacts have ms access. The form should be made in ms access. I will send them the same as attachment by email and they will fill it and send me back again as attachment.

The important thing is that how I will merge all those attachments in my main database.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,
Dinesh

You can write code to link a tables from your database to the databases they send back. Just save the databases in a directory, loop through the directory and relink the tables to each database.

Let me know if you need specifics.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.