Vesperto 0 Newbie Poster

Hi,

I'm building 3 sites, nothing fancy or big. I'm basing them on PHP, so i'm also trying to use PEAR(/PECL) - seems like a logical choice. I'm using two different webservers, one is Apache, the other is Nginx, so i need the code not to be server-specific. Both machines have SQLite3 installed, which suffices for my needs. I can also use mySQL but it's not worth the hassle. I'm validating the sites against Strict XHTML 1.0, CSS and i may as well start having acessibility in mind as well.

99% of all the stuff i've found so far is either too vage, very old or doesn't fit what i need. What i'm trying to achieve (first) is a simple BD-based login system, so i'm trying to grok PEAR::Auth and PEAR::MDB2. However, it seems as though SQlite3 is not supported yet in MDB2 (haven't been able to confirm this yet). Idealy all pages should have login information (or a form) and keep the login throughout requests until logout, so sessions are in order too (i'd like to avoid cookies). All pages will probably have mixed content (i.e. public and registered users only) but i assume a simple if-statement will do, with Auth.

I'm also planning groups, but that's more of a DB-schema issue for now. Yes, i could use a CMS, but i want to learn this stuff, not just use it. Plus, if later on i do use a CMS and it breaks, and least i'll know what i'm looking at once i open the hood.

So, can someone point me to up-to-date tutorials i can dig into, please? Any suggestions you may wanna add are welcome. :)

TIA
I ca

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.