Hi,

I have never use CMS before and want to learn. For a beginner, do you think Joomla would be easy for me to learn or Drupal?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I have been using a lesser known CMS for quite a number of years now because I find it much easier to set up and use than other (better known) CMS's like Joomla, Drupal, Mambo or Wordpress. I have built sites for clients with this CMS and they have been very successful in being able to maintain the sites on their own.

In the end, it depends on your priorities. I gave a much higher priority to ease of use and flexibility. With the most popular CMS's like Joomla, you will probably get a wider range of existing templates and addons. You can build very nice sites with the templates that are available in the one that I use. If you are familiar with php you can do your own template customization and build almost anything
(see a few examples).

In case you want to look outside the Joomla / Drupal "box" click here

I've been using CMS for the last 4 years now.and there's nothing like drupal. Starting with drupal is recommeded. once you get the lingo (there's a whole community to help you, hit drupal.org), there's no going back.

Nowadays people are doing "a website a day" with drupal

Have you tried both Joomla and Drupal? If not, install xampp in your computer and try setup your website. Both cms are easy to install. To setup and configure Joomla or Drupal, it depends on the person. Some says Joomla is easy to setup while others say Drupal is much simpler.

Here are some tutorials to get you started:
Setup xampp in windows example, setup and configure joomla and drupal webserver in Linux examples:
Software installation and configuration

Official joomla manual/handbooks:
Joomla installation Manual

Official Drupal manual/ handbooks:
Drupal handbooks

See for yourself which one is better. Some people like Joomla and say it's easier to use. While others said Drupal is much easier and expandable. In the end of the day, only you can decide what you want for yourself.

I'am using Joomla to build some website, and there is easyest CMS you can find.

Hello

Joomla and Drupal are two magnificent Open Source Content
Management System which provide the framework to develop
effortless with various ready to us modules and website in
short span of time.

Thanks for sharing

Hello All
Thanks for sharing.

commented: Thanks for bumping an old thread to promote your signature. -1
commented: Well done for bumping old thread with stupid comment -2

I would say Joomla, cause it's quite easy.

Thanx Guru SEO for bumping old thread and posting pointless comment in order to promote his links in signature

Thread closed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.