Hi! I am new to PHP and am trying to build a library management website that will return the results of querying a mySQL database for a search query entered by the user. For instance, the user may wish to search for items in the library by title, author, subject, publisher, etc., in a certain language, i.e. English. The user then clicks a button that says "Search", and the results appear below the search input box.

The results of the query must be printed out in a table that has columns in the following sequence: Subtitle and Title, Author, Subject, Publisher, Item ID#, and Status(checked in, checked out, or on hold).

The database has columns for title, subtitle, author_first_name, author_middle_name, author_last_name, subject, publisher, ID_number, and status.

Can someone please help me with the syntax for
1) querying the mySQL database based on the input parameters
2) dynamically creating the table that shows the query results based on the search parameters (I can fit all the results on the page.)

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@jsbaldw2

Hi! I am new to PHP and am trying to build a library management website that will return the results of querying a mySQL database for a search query entered by the user.

This is your first post since you sign up 2 years ago.

Can someone please help me with the syntax for
1) querying the mySQL database based on the input parameters
2) dynamically creating the table that shows the query results based on the search parameters (I can fit all the results on the page.)

Do you have at least a code so you can post it here to see where you are at?

Are you familiar with PHP & MYSQL?

If not, I would suggest to learn it:

This is MYSQL:

http://www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/

This is PHP:

http://www.tizag.com/phpT/

Have you google this topic before?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.