Okay, I havn't been here since Katrina, but here's my feedback for the last 3 years.

The site design is beautiful, but counter productive for the forums. The Forum index page is 3 pages deep on my screen. I think a good forum index should have it all in your face on one page. Even for individual posts, there's all this stuff and buttons and useless features. Rep power? C'mon, this ain't middle school, this is professionals, right?

That's all for now. Peace out, crackers.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

You might think they are useless features but others use them. How would you put all the forums on one page? Rep power is so that you can have a somewhat clearer picture of the person who is giving you help. Your professionalism is lost when you you say "peace out crackers".

>The site design is beautiful, but counter productive for the forums.
IIRC, Dani has spent a lot of money coming up with a user-friendly design. Suggestions are certainly welcome, but keep in mind that you're not the only user.

>I think a good forum index should have it all in your face on one page.
You're welcome to your opinion, and I'm sure Dani will take it into consideration. But keep in mind how big and overwhelming the forum index would be with that many forums visible at once. I think it's already overwhelming, even with the hidden sub-forums.

>Even for individual posts, there's all this stuff and buttons and useless features.
Keep in mind that you're not the only user, and others don't find those features useless.

>Rep power? C'mon, this ain't middle school, this is professionals, right?
You seem to have a skewed idea of what a professional is. :icon_rolleyes:

I would use a table format to get the whole site on one page. It would be a great timesaver for me.

>I think a good forum index should have it all in your face on one page.
You're welcome to your opinion, and I'm sure Dani will take it into consideration. But keep in mind how big and overwhelming the forum index would be with that many forums visible at once. I think it's already overwhelming, even with the hidden sub-forums.

Might there be a way to 'blogroll' it on the side?

I'm becoming more and more accustomed to having a long blogroll on the side. I was just wondering if that is nowadays suitable -- posting the index in blogroll fashion.

I have no idea what a blogroll is.

commented: You're acting a bit dense lately... y -2

Did some 'research' for you :) :

Blogroll

A list of blogs. A blogger features a list of their favorite blogs in the sidebar of their blog

A blogroll is just a set of Links at the side of a CMS/Blog site... Pointing to other blogs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.