I was just wondering, on every software development forum we constantly see the largest, most bold tag being the language you are in, in the python forum there is a massive python, same for C++

I was just wondering if perhaps poasting a tag of Python in the python forum and C++ in the C++ forum because everyone already knows your post is about that language and all it does is mean the tag cloud down the bottom is out of proportion.

Just puttin' it out there :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

So you're suggesting that if someone posts in the c++ forum, that they not tag their thread c++ because that is automatically assumed, and this way the tag cloud within the c++ forum can focus around different c++-related things instead of just the word c++ itself ... ????

Yeah! Thats exactly it, as we are already in the C++ forum we know the posts are C++ related so we dont need that word clogging up the tag cloud.

I dont know, is anyone else finding it irritating? I just find i cant tell what is popular because that one word dominates soo much over the others.

Yeah! Thats exactly it, as we are already in the C++ forum we know the posts are C++ related so we dont need that word clogging up the tag cloud.

I dont know, is anyone else finding it irritating? I just find i cant tell what is popular because that one word dominates soo much over the others.

The last thing we need is more assumptions. I thought this was a thread about code tags originally and assumption regarding code tags based on what forum you're in is a massive problem.

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread220913.html

What you're talking about is a pretty safe assumption, I suppose. I mean, why post in the C++ forum if it's not about C++. I guess I don't find it irritating to see C++ so much bigger because I would expect it to be the most common tag in the C++ forum. I just ignore it. Or are you saying it's so obvious that there shouldn't even be a C++ tag visible at all in the C++ forum, no matter what size?

I guess I just resist anything that is automatically assumed that cannot be overridden by the poster if that assumption turns out to be incorrect.

Well i just think it would be nice to be able to see what was actually being posted about in the tag cloud.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.