Hi, soon I want to begin developing an online spoken english language course which will require the following features:

1) Student login-in facility (student account)
2) Point and click interfaces - no typing required
3) Log of student activity - which modules they have successfully completed - to be emailed to a central database.

I am wondering which programming language would be the best to use in this day and age to complete such a project. I hope this isn't too broad a question - please ask any questions if you need me to provide more detail.

It really doesn't have to be too complex - I am looking for simple in design and low requirements from the user's computer - i.e. not having to download special plug-ins, etc.

Many thanks,

Drainpipe

Edited by Drainpipe: n/a

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by rajarajan07

Since you're going to be connecting HTTP Request, Database exchanges, etc..., I'd recommend going with a high-level language such as ASP.NET with C#. ASP.NET along with C# (or VB) comes with an eccentric library containing all of the classes and functions you'd need for what you're trying to do. If you're familiar with these technologies, I would say go for it. Something like this can also be done via PHP/Javascript as well, but I find Visual Studio's IDE along with the help of the .NET library to be much more time efficient.

You are talking about E-learning. There are some standards to follow like scorm, AICC etc. Moodle is one of the Learning Management System which facilitates your need.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.