We have a new URL structure for forums and threads, that hopefully is user friendly and allows you to see where in the website's hierarchy you currently are.

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ~s.o.s~
Featured Replies
    ~s.o.s~ 2,560   6 Years Ago

Looking good, nice job! BTW, just noticed that this isn't applicable when I click on a particular forum (e.g. Java from the drop-down). Not sure if this is how it was meant to be. Same with permalinks for thread posts (the PERMALINK link). Also, I think it would be wise … Read More

WaltP 2,905   6 Years Ago

Now clicking on the thread icons no longer goes to the unread posts. Even after ^R. Read More

WaltP 2,905   6 Years Ago

Also, visiting threads does not set the icons to READ. Read More

I can confirm that I have no working vote function here either (after lushing/refreshing, using Chrome) Read More

jonsca 1,059   6 Years Ago

Yes, I'm on Chrome(9.0.597.107), too. I should have mentioned that. Hmm, but Walt P was able to vote and rep on your post. What's your browser poison, WP? Edit: It worked for me in this forum. Read More

Looking good, nice job!

BTW, just noticed that this isn't applicable when I click on a particular forum (e.g. Java from the drop-down). Not sure if this is how it was meant to be. Same with permalinks for thread posts (the PERMALINK link). Also, I think it would be wise for everyone to force a refresh (CTRL + R) since I was getting weird issues without it.

Edited by ~s.o.s~: n/a

Now clicking on the thread icons no longer goes to the unread posts. Even after ^R.

Also, visiting threads does not set the icons to READ.

Votes + Comments
Thanks for the find

Even though it may not be related to what you are changing, I'm going to assume it is: voting/rep system doesn't seem to be working in C or C++.

I just wanted to add, I'd only tried it in those forums (when I tried to edit my post I got a 404)

Yes, even the whole forum itself, but it's still not allowing voting/rep on any threads (I've tried hard-refreshing each of those too).

I can confirm that I have no working vote function here either (after lushing/refreshing, using Chrome)

Votes + Comments
Works in here at this point (you could use the rep anyway, Happy)
I've never lushed after my browser...

Yes, I'm on Chrome(9.0.597.107), too. I should have mentioned that. Hmm, but Walt P was able to vote and rep on your post. What's your browser poison, WP?

Edit: It worked for me in this forum.

Edited by jonsca: n/a

Votes + Comments
rep working now

Rep/Voting working for me now (could be another intermittent thing I guess) but other bits appear busted - cannot double-click folders to mark forums as read for example.

Edited by happygeek: n/a

Rep/Voting working for me now (could be another intermittent thing I guess) but other bits appear busted - cannot double-click folders to mark forums as read for example.

Will fix the double-clicking of forum folders. Not sure why those don't work. Anything else broken?

Will fix the double-clicking of forum folders. Not sure why those don't work. Anything else broken?

Yep. Now when I click on "Mark this Forum Read" it simply refreshes the forum without marking anything, leaving me in the forum rather than the forum index.

Should be fixed (as of a lil while ago, forgot to update the thread)

Still have this issue (mark as read link not working) in the PHP forum. And this forum I now notice. Others appear to be working.

Edited by pritaeas: n/a

I'm using Opera, and just get redirected to the same page, without a change. A hard refresh doesn't change a thing.

Edited by pritaeas: n/a

Member profile links don't seem to be working. When I click on one, I get what looks like the master forum list, but the URL is (I assume) correct. Have tried refreshing a few times, no joy. I'm using Opera.
If I hover on "hapygeek" above, I get a link preview of http://www.daniweb.com/members/happygeek/67225

But I get the page shown in the attachment.

Edited by Fbody: n/a

Attachments LinkResult.png 140.59 KB

That was a typo ... they wern't working for as long as it took me to make the typo, run to the bathroom, and come back. Sorry about that.

Don't speak too soon ... I'm going to be continually tweaking things over the course of the day.

OK, so basically anything which would be broken for a couple of hours or so would be by choice and not bad luck? ;-)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.