We have a new URL structure for forums and threads, that hopefully is user friendly and allows you to see where in the website's hierarchy you currently are.

Recommended Answers

All 28 Replies

Looking good, nice job!

BTW, just noticed that this isn't applicable when I click on a particular forum (e.g. Java from the drop-down). Not sure if this is how it was meant to be. Same with permalinks for thread posts (the PERMALINK link). Also, I think it would be wise for everyone to force a refresh (CTRL + R) since I was getting weird issues without it.

Now clicking on the thread icons no longer goes to the unread posts. Even after ^R.

Also, visiting threads does not set the icons to READ.

commented: Thanks for the find +0

Even though it may not be related to what you are changing, I'm going to assume it is: voting/rep system doesn't seem to be working in C or C++.

I just wanted to add, I'd only tried it in those forums (when I tried to edit my post I got a 404)

Did you force a refresh (CTRL + R or F5)? Are you still getting the same results after that?

Yes, even the whole forum itself, but it's still not allowing voting/rep on any threads (I've tried hard-refreshing each of those too).

I can confirm that I have no working vote function here either (after lushing/refreshing, using Chrome)

commented: I've never lushed after my browser... +0
commented: Works in here at this point (you could use the rep anyway, Happy) +0

Yes, I'm on Chrome(9.0.597.107), too. I should have mentioned that. Hmm, but Walt P was able to vote and rep on your post. What's your browser poison, WP?

Edit: It worked for me in this forum.

commented: rep working now +0

If I click on 'Web Development' main menu item, then I get redirected to 'Community Center'

Rep/Voting working for me now (could be another intermittent thing I guess) but other bits appear busted - cannot double-click folders to mark forums as read for example.

If I click on 'Web Development' main menu item, then I get redirected to 'Community Center'

Confirmed. Arrives at Community Center with URL of http://www.daniweb.com/web-development/3

Shoot, that was a big slip up. Fixed.

Rep/Voting working for me now (could be another intermittent thing I guess) but other bits appear busted - cannot double-click folders to mark forums as read for example.

Will fix the double-clicking of forum folders. Not sure why those don't work. Anything else broken?

Confirmed that rep/voting don't work: On it!

Will fix the double-clicking of forum folders. Not sure why those don't work. Anything else broken?

Yep. Now when I click on "Mark this Forum Read" it simply refreshes the forum without marking anything, leaving me in the forum rather than the forum index.

Should be fixed (as of a lil while ago, forgot to update the thread)

Still have this issue (mark as read link not working) in the PHP forum. And this forum I now notice. Others appear to be working.

I'm using Opera, and just get redirected to the same page, without a change. A hard refresh doesn't change a thing.

Odd, working fine here for me now.

Member profile links don't seem to be working. When I click on one, I get what looks like the master forum list, but the URL is (I assume) correct. Have tried refreshing a few times, no joy. I'm using Opera.
If I hover on "hapygeek" above, I get a link preview of http://www.daniweb.com/members/happygeek/67225

But I get the page shown in the attachment.

That was a typo ... they wern't working for as long as it took me to make the typo, run to the bathroom, and come back. Sorry about that.

Everything is working great on my end. Thanks! Nicely done! ^_^

Looks like it's working now. Thanks!

Don't speak too soon ... I'm going to be continually tweaking things over the course of the day.

OK, so basically anything which would be broken for a couple of hours or so would be by choice and not bad luck? ;-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.