I was just wondering how many posts one needs to make for their rank to go up from juinor poster? It makes me feel like im a newbie to this forum ;)

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

The original ranking system was:

Junior Poster >= 0 posts
Posting Whiz >= 100 posts
Senior Poster >= 250 posts
Guru Poster >= 500 posts

But in this thread, Dani indicated that she upped the ante x10 when she redesigned the site, so you should become a Posting Whiz (or perhaps Cheeze Whiz) at 1K posts.

I don't like being a posting wiz. Most forums allow you to have custom usernames when you reach like 1000 posts. I would like that, but I'm not the administrator.

ooo thanks. i guess i have a long time to go to get back up to posting whiz again which i used to be. Time to go post some more :)

Custom titles are cute. I'll probably contribute sometime in the near future, not too expensive and it keeps these servers smiling. Metaphorically.

Sounds awesome. If you subscribe within the near future, contributions will go into buying a database server :)

I just contributed a little :). Guess your a lil' closer to that database server ;).

The original ranking system was:

Junior Poster >= 0 posts
Posting Whiz >= 100 posts
Senior Poster >= 250 posts
Guru Poster >= 500 posts

But in this thread, Dani indicated that she upped the ante x10 when she redesigned the site, so you should become a Posting Whiz (or perhaps Cheeze Whiz) at 1K posts.

Spammer!!! :lol:

Thanks for askin' & replyin' this question. :D

I just contributed a little :). Guess your a lil' closer to that database server ;).

Thank you so much :) The new server that we were in dire need of was actually set up two days ago. I decided to keep the database on the existing server, and move Apache and all of the php files onto the new server. Sometime this weekend I'm going to strip the old server of Apache and all of the excess bloat other than just MySQL.

it would be interesting to ask here about rep power.
How one's rep power increases?

<whispers>
Shhhhh... asketh ye not.

Rep Power is that ever-elusive quantity found only in the deepest, darkest server closets of the lost land of Luawn-G'wuylynd.
The substance of the Power is discussed solely in The Hidden Realms of The Staff; we speaketh of it not in the light of the open forums...

lol i like the things they say when you hover over the rep of a user. "DMR will become famous soon enough" , "cscgal is just really nice". Are those custom or what it says when you reach those levels of rep?

Here's a thread which pretty well covers the real deal with Rep Points:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/showthread.php?t=856&highlight=rep+points

BTW- Dani get the "cscgal is just really nice" label because this is her site, and she hacks in nice little fluffies like that for herself every once in a while. The rest of us poor souls are, depending on our total point count, stuck being "unknown quanties", "almost famous", etc. :mrgreen:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.