I see this sort of thing regularly. In the forum page a topic will be bumped up by a poster [name appearing to right]... you go to the post or topic and the bumper's post is just not there. An example, same in FF n Opera:
http://www.daniweb.com/hardware-and-software/microsoft-windows/windows-nt-2000-xp/threads/28182/password-recovery-on-windows-xp-home-sp2#post1835562

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

These are the result of posts that got deleted by one of the moderators. Someone posts some spam or inappropriate post, it bumps up the thread, a lurking moderator reads it, deletes it, but then the thread remains bumped up. Unfortunately, this tends to happen to old threads too.

As a moderator, I can see the deleted posts, and that thread you linked to has three deleted spam posts at the end of it.

Ah, thanks for that, Mike. A pity that the bump action does not get reset....

I've also noticed that every since Dani upgraded to the new forums. There were a lot of threads that indicated Dani was the last poster, but if you go to the last post in the thread she is not there.

A pity that the bump action does not get reset....

We considered updating those particular fields upon deleting the last post of a thread, but at the time decided it was too expensive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.