As many of you probably already know, yesterday DaniWeb received a massive amount of spam threads.

I want to thank the moderators for deleting all the spam; it makes me really grateful that we have them here. However would DaniWeb manage without the "flag bad post" link? ;)

~s.o.s~ commented: Oh, what would we do without you Joey... - sanjay aka sos +13

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have an idea on how to disable all this crap...

Im gonna PM dani and tell her of it......

Luckily i didnt see any spam yesterday.....

We are doing a lot of stuff behind the scenes to cut back on the spam flood, and it is working well on the whole. Certainly there has been a lot less to deal with, day to day, at the start of 2007 compared to the middle of 2006.

As many of you probably already know, yesterday DaniWeb received a massive amount of spam threads.

I want to thank the moderators for deleting all the spam; it makes me really grateful that we have them here. However would DaniWeb manage without the "flag bad post" link? ;)

Yay, I deleted 4 out of 7 and banned that spammer (oh how I love to see the user title Banned ;)). So do I get a cookie ? :D

commented: Yes, you most certainly do :cheesy: ty -joeprogrammer +6
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.