Whoa.. has Dani decided to change the rep system and not allow anyone to give bad rep anymore? I just noticed this, and I didn't see any other thread about it... Is this just temporary or has the entire system been changed?

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet
Featured Replies
    WaltP 2,905   10 Years Ago

[QUOTE=Rashakil Fol;356187]The only people who've said they're capable of giving out negative rep are moderators, sponsors, etc, so far.[/QUOTE] Interesting. The Power!!! I feel like a ghod! (no, not Him, one of the lesser ones, like Ra or Loki. Yeah, That's it. Loki = me!) [QUOTE=~s.o.s~;356177]I can still hand out … Read More

Rashakil, how old are you anyway? Are you a student somewhere? jw since you seem to be so much 'greater' than christina and I Read More

I like to a bit of both. I have roughly half and half between the non technical and the techinical forums (in terms of post count). I like helping people on daniweb, it helps me build my knowlege and gives me a warm fuuzzy feeling inside :) Read More

It would be pretty much a system with only positive rep, b/c admins, mods, and sponsors probably won't negatively rep often

I agree.. but people's rep will become inflated much more quickly.. Perhaps they should lower the amount that each rep contributes to someone else's rep..

This is so awesome... now I can hand out negative reputation and no one can send it back at me. :twisted:

But seriously, I think this is a good move by Dani (if this is what really happened, it looks normal to me). There were too many idiots abusing the system, making it completely pointless (my rep in the last few days has just been going up and down, and now I'm right back where I started from a few weeks ago.)

Hi. This isn't permanent. The permanent solution of only allowing members with more than 50 (??) posts to give negative rep will be implemented as soon as I get our new design out (figuring within the day).

For those of you not privy to Area 51 ... yes, there's a new site design on its way. And I'm not saying anymore (you'll have to beg for more info from Area 51 people).

I think it's stupid that staff writers don't get access to Area 51.

... and I really should stop whining ;-)

I think it's stupid that staff writers don't get access to Area 51.

I agree.

yea.. every1 with at least one star should be allowed in area 51! lol

_After_ you subtract Geek's Lounge posts :P

I resent your idea, Rashkil, that there are some of us who only go on the games and do not provide tech help. Even after I sutract geek lounge and coffee house posts i still have over 2500 posts.

The only people who've said they're capable of giving out negative rep are moderators, sponsors, etc, so far.

Interesting. The Power!!! I feel like a ghod! (no, not Him, one of the lesser ones, like Ra or Loki. Yeah, That's it. Loki = me!)

I can still hand out +ve and -ve rep. Maybe some problem at your side. Let Dani know of this one.

Maybe I should give neg rep for your use of -ve and +ve. It's silly! Just use + and - because it looks like you mean something else and can't type. :icon_smile:

Also, has anyone noticed that the option to give bad rep is gone???

You wanna give someone bad rep, just let me know. I'll do it for you -- but it'll cost ya later.

Votes + Comments
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.