Any of you are from Texas and have to take the TAKS tests? Oh my god, I do! :( I haven't studied anything for it and the math part IS TOMORROW! Social Studies on Thursday, and Science on Friday. What do you think of the Texas Academic and Knowledge Skills test? I'm pretty smart, but yet the fact of it being my exit test scares me ... makes me think "What if I don't pass them? Will I be stuck here in High School for another year?" I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pass them, but being nervous can sometimes not help. What should I do to stop being so nervous? Make me think positive people!!! PLEASE :!: :!:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Im a senoir, the TAKS test were a breeze, everyone in my class passed except one person, and they only failed one section of it. Dont sweat it ;)

These achievement-type tests can´t be studied for. They´re just a means for the state to get money from the feds, anyway. Don´t worry about a thing...

Im a senoir, the TAKS test were a breeze, everyone in my class passed except one person, and they only failed one section of it. Dont sweat it ;)

I took my Math part today and as you said "...it was a breeze", I think I actually passed the math part... but tomorrow is Social Studies... another day of suffrage; then again, I might be "sweating it off"...LMAO, Thx for the support, feeling good now. :)

These achievement-type tests can´t be studied for. They´re just a means for the state to get money from the feds, anyway. Don´t worry about a thing...

I didn't know they received money for our testing :?: . That is so wrong of them, tell me more about it, you just gave me a great topic for my debate class :D and thx for the support, it really does help ;)

another day of suffrage

Suffrage? So you are voting on your test scores? ;)

suffrage - noun

1. a. The right or privilege of voting; the franchise. b. The exercise of such a right.
2. A vote cast in deciding a disputed question or in electing a person to office.

Suffrage? So you are voting on your test scores? ;)

Same thing!!!...LMAO, deals with scantrons as well. And thanks for the little refresher of the 19th amendment, passed on 1920 that gave women the right to vote. Will definitely use it on the test ;)

Gee!!! Tnx you guys, it's over now, you've been great help.... I thought it was going to be much harder, but I thought wrong.... they were actually easier than the ones I took last year; longer, but yet very easy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.