Hey there everyone! Happy end-of-Turkey Day. This first contest of ours is to celebrate us reaching 10,000 posts on Thanksgiving! :)

Here's the deal ... we're in need of a 468x60 banner that we can use for web promotion or to give out to people. Since I'm certainly no artist I've decided to turn it into a design-a-banner contest!

All you artists out there, you have until December 31st to come up with a banner for us. (The deadline may be extended if we don't receive enough submissions at which time it will be announced.) During the month of January, all of the submissions will be entered in a poll.

The winner will receive a $15 US gift certificate to buy.com, a great place to buy computer stuff, music, dvds, and so much more!

Rules:
Only one submission per person.
The banner must be 468x60 in size.
The banner must be less than 10000 kb
The banner can advertise TechTalkForums.com, DaniWeb.com, Dazah.com, or any of their subsections/subforums.
If you choose to use a slogan, use "where cool techies unite."
Please post submissions as attached files as a reply to this thread.

[edit] I have decided to push this contest back a month. Therefore, submissions will now be accepted until January 31st. Voting will take place during the month of February ... keep the submissions coming!

Recommended Answers

All 46 Replies

Doesn't anyone want to come up with something for us? :( Please? (Gee, I really hate to have to beg to give out money)

ill start working on sumthing after the weekend ^^

Hehe thanks.

I really like that banner. Could you come up with a non-animated version (so this way it will be under the desired file size).

The reason for the file size limit is because many banner programs that I might use it for won't accept anything over 10-12kb. In addition, it should still be quick loading enough for dial-up users.

Here it is. :D

And that's why I'm a failure at graphic design. :D

Love it!

Are we only allowed to use definitive expressions like " Where cool techies unite " ? as text input ?

Yeap!

Let's see.
p:s:I didn't know a better way to insert the text.happy new year and happy christmas.

Very cool, thanks for your submission. Good luck everyone!

my exams end 29th. will complete a few pending tasks (my laptop is down, getting it fixed is top priority). lets see if i can make something by 31st.

very cool ... just remember, the contest has been extended by a month. So you have a whole month to come up with something.

cooool thanks :)

I don't see why you don't just combine the two txt's in your header right now. Then the banner would match the color scheme of the site too :)

Huh? Ya lost me ;) Sorry

Free of charge all rights not reserved. Resize for a better banner.
PS:I had to throw in that algebra in the background just because life relize on it.

I really like the algebra :) Could you shrink it a bit so it is 468x60 though? That is the default size for all ad banners. Thanks :)

there you go

simple one that suits current color scheme.

Really good but it seems that someone has spitted over the "o" in "com."

Really good but it seems that someone has spitted over the "o" in "com."

I was eating paan. so had to spit somewhere. couldn't spit on road (keep the city ...), so did that 'o' :p

Here's my banner:

Here's the deal ... we're in need of a 468x60 banner that we can use for web promotion or to give out to people. Since I'm certainly no artist I've decided to turn it into a design-a-banner contest!

All you artists out there, you have until December 31st to come up with a banner for us. (The deadline may be extended if we don't receive enough submissions at which time it will be announced.) During the month of January, all of the submissions will be entered in a poll.

Rules:
Only one submission per person.
The banner must be 468x60 in size.
The banner must be less than 10000 kb
The banner can advertise TechTalkForums.com, DaniWeb.com, Dazah.com, or any of their subsections/subforums.
If you choose to use a slogan, use "where cool techies unite."
Please post submissions as attached files as a reply to this thread.

For clarification: must the banner be a static jpg or gif, or can it be a flash swf that meets the size requirements?

tia-
-gkd

Flash is acceptable :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.