I’m tired of Paying Too Much for Music,I wish i could Download all my favorite Music to my computer, play them on my iPod, PSP, Zune, etc and save hundreds or even thousands per year.But how can I download free music?
thanks for your help!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

google is your friend
We on the other hand do not actively advocate piracy; nor do we offer advice on how to break the law.

There is free music out there, which is legal. You just have to do the donkey work and find it.

We will not be pointing you at sources of illegal music downloads however.

There is free music out there, which is legal. You just have to do the donkey work and find it.

We will not be pointing you at sources of illegal music downloads however.

d'Oh! I immediately assumed piracy forgetting that there are free downloads available everywhere - must be my jaded outlook.

I just ran across this article so what's a guy to do?

Yep i download (legally) music from unsigned bands. Most unsigned bands do this as its a good way of getting music to your fans and gaining the interest of record labels. If you like the band a lot, you buy a pressed CD or t-shirt.

however, if one was to search for a phrase "google better than limewire youtube" that may be interesting. I personally have found a middle of the road option, mp3Panda which i pay about a nickel per song and a quarter for albums I download. i loaded $20 in February and have like 15 left. I think it's fair compromise. BTW, whenever you DL illegal music via file sharing or bit torrents, you are just asking - begging for malware. I don't think it's worth it, although I believe that the record industry is wrong for charging for downloads. My rationale is, CD's are price-fixed because they are greedy bung lords who give anywhere from .5 to 3 cents on the dollar to the artists who feed their BS business ethics. I would happily pay for music if went directly to the artist.

The same way you could get free CDs: label's annual/seasonal samplers, promotional demos, raffles, band passes them off the stage.

Winamp
Streamripper

Well i think you need to go for google. I hope that google 'll provide you the best results. So you should go for it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.