Agapelove68 0 Junior Poster in Training

Greetings to everyone:

For some reason I read the bad/nasties forced you to move, so new ones whom wanted to introduce themselves could not accomplish that. I was told to introduce myself here. I posted an earlier thread about an office. I already know about open office.org, here's the problem. In one instance I have Java that works directly with Open office.org, then I looked at another thread to direct me to Microsoft. There are so many choices, I'm not sure which one to click on. Even though I used to be a computer programmer & teacher, I've been out of the loop for years. A series of events abruptly ended my careers. I'm rebuilding my computer from ground up. I have windows XP originally 3 pack operating system, I've had it updated & upgraded properly so far with the correct 2 pack & so on. My time is precious to me and the MS Dos & Dos pro languages have changed so much, I almost feel like I'm starting over again. I read the forums & I thought it would be a live forum where I could chat live with others. Maybe, I just haven't found you yet. Should I go with the Java link, or Microsoft. Either way, there are so many options & yet I'm not sure which one to choose. Even though I have a lot of catching up to do, computer technicians are surprised of the knowledge I already have. I guess I don't give myself enough credit. But, I'm almost there, but need a push in the right direction. I don't mind video tutorial, I'm not too proud to learn from those along with others whom know more. I hope I can offer help to those whom are just beginning. I would say I'm intermediate where as others would say advanced. Even so, it doesn't matter much, just as long as I am ever learning & growing from that knowledge and wisdom to better apply it. I can be technical at times and yet other times plain gregarious and fun-loving, when I'm at ease and relaxed. Salutations from E.G. & proclaim goodness & blessing to you all!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.