I purchased (or tried to) a pre-mod from www.themodchip.com and it never arrived. The service number was disconnected. No reply to repeated emails. No communication and no PS2. After 2 months I gave up and reported the credit card charge as fraudulent.
I got my money back but nobody should have to go through such a hassle.
I found another place to order from and they sent me a half broken Slimline Premod with a HD Connect. The HD Connect is completely defective and the PS2 only plays about 50% of my backups.
I will reply or add on to this thread once I find out if the store will make good on their warranty and replace the console.
I'll let you know the URL and the name of the store if they don't.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

That sounds about right... the ps2 hard drive method plays about 3/4 of the games out there. Google “ps2 hard drive compatibility for more information

That sounds about right... the ps2 hard drive method plays about 3/4 of the games out there. Google “ps2 hard drive compatibility for more information

You misunderstood!
The hard drive connector for the modded Slimline PSTWO is completely defective. About 50% of my games on DVD crashed the system. I have burned a few more games since and I now am able to play 70% of the DVD games and the HD COnnect is still defective. The hard drive is not even detected.
The console is modded with the DMS4 which is supposed to be nearly 100% compatible.

I purchased (or tried to) a pre-mod from www.themodchip.com and it never arrived. The service number was disconnected. No reply to repeated emails. No communication and no PS2. After 2 months I gave up and reported the credit card charge as fraudulent.
I got my money back but nobody should have to go through such a hassle.
I found another place to order from and they sent me a half broken Slimline Premod with a HD Connect. The HD Connect is completely defective and the PS2 only plays about 50% of my backups.
I will reply or add on to this thread once I find out if the store will make good on their warranty and replace the console.
I'll let you know the URL and the name of the store if they don't.

The PSTwo was never replaced and I have found dozens of complaints about the same store. I was lucky to have gotten anything at all.
The name of the store is www.gamedevilonline.com. (The name says it all- I should've known) You should definitely avoid this place. They'll lure you in with prices that are far lower than most MOD shops and then you get robbed.
If you have been robbed by gamedevilonline and need their contact info to file complaints then ask me. I will send it to you.

sure, DMS4 the chip is compatible with nearly 100% of BURNED media and imported games. However, if you are using DMS4 and HD Connect, most likely you are using ToxicOS 0.3 to play your backed up games... that has about a 25% incompatability rate. Go to http://list.ps2hd.com/ to see what games are incompatible or which modes you need to put them in.

By the way I have the same setup, the same problems with the games... and I got it from a respectable merchant.

Good luck on that Can't find HD issue... What kind of HD are you using?

I would never trust a site like that....

sure, DMS4 the chip is compatible with nearly 100% of BURNED media and imported games. However, if you are using DMS4 and HD Connect, most likely you are using ToxicOS 0.3 to play your backed up games... that has about a 25% incompatibility rate. Go to http://list.ps2hd.com/ to see what games are incompatible or which modes you need to put them in.

By the way I have the same setup, the same problems with the games... and I got it from a respectable merchant.

Good luck on that Can't find HD issue... What kind of HD are you using?

Thanks for the info on Toxic OS. I thought it was 100% compatible. I will checkout http://list.ps2hd.com/ to see if I can find a fix.
Gamedevilonline claimed 100% compatible with all games and all hard drives as do most MOD shops.
As for my hard drive, the most recent attempt was a Western Digital WD1600 but I have tried a couple of older drives as well. Toxic OS froze before it reached the menu screen with the two older drives. The WD1600 just was not detected.

never expect pirated content to be fully compatible with official content.
And that includes "backup copies" which by definition are created using the same systems as pirated games (cracks, etc.).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.